- Stay calm.
- Treat for shock.
- Drive to nearest hospital or medical facility.
- Do not attempt to kill or capture the snake. It gives the snake another opportunity to bite.
- Do not use a tourniquet. If tied too tight, it may cause the loss of a limb.
- Do not make cuts through or near the site of the bite.
- Do not try to suck venom from the site of the bite. You might have a tooth cavity or gum sore and this would place venom into that wound.
- Do not allow anyone, including a physician, to administer antivenin to you UNLESS you have FIRST been tested to determine whether or not you are allergic to antivenin.